Trainee USA is a program that offers non-students, graduates and young professionals the unique opportunity to gain international training in the US.
US employers are eager to introduce international trainees, who often bring fresh ideas and new perspectives to the workplace. You'll make valuable contacts, learn about the latest developments in your field and gain firsthand insight into American business culture. It's the kind of experience that will provide a serious boost to your career credentials.
Our US partner, CIEE is designated by the US government to provide you the legal sponsorship necessary to obtain the J-1 visa. Student Exchange Australia New Zealand and CIEE will provide high level advice and support services both in Australia and the US.
- You can work anywhere in the US for up to 18 months in a job that is directly related to your career or professional qualifications
- You will be sponsored for a J-1 Visa for the duration of your placement as certified by your employer
- Placements should consist of practical training directly related to your career or professional qualifications in any of eight categories of employment
- You are prohibited from taking a casual or second job and from working in a number of areas
- Your placement can be paid or unpaid (participants must show proof of having at least US $750 per month to support themselves)
- You must find work prior to visa documentation being issued
- Once you have been offered a placement, we will provide an Traineeship Agreement Pack and visa assistance
- You can remain as a tourist in the US for up to 30 days after the completion of your work visa
- You can apply and go at any time of year >
International students are eligible to apply but the granting of visas is at the discretion of the US consulate.
Work & travel in the USA has been an incredible and life-changing experience. I had the incredible privilege of working alongside and make lasting friendships with an incredible group in a breathtakingly beautiful part of the world. If you have the chance to go, all I’d say is: do it!